View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Steve Byk

Favorite Tale takes first step towards getting to Breeders' Cup Sprint
By Mike Welsch

FAVORITE TALE, who appeared doomed to miss the Breeders' Cup Sprint as a result of the quarantine at Parx which currently extends to Oct. 29 , took a big step towards making the race when he was moved to Twin Ponds Farm in Pennsylvania on Thursday. According to Dora Delgado of the Breeders' Cup, now that he has moved out of the quarantined track, officials can begin drawing blood on Favorite Tale and if he's clean for 14 days, he'd be cleared to ship to Keeneland in time to run in the Sprint. Favorite Tale won a Breeders' Cup Challenge race, the Smile at Gulfstream Park, in July.

According to trainer Guadalupe Preciado, Favorite Tale has a barn all to himself at the farm, which he said is located on the Maryland/Pennsylvania border just a couple of miles from the Fair Hills training center in Maryland.

"The one good thing is that it's pretty quiet here," said Preciado. "The bad thing is the track is only a 1/2 mile so I'm trying to figure out a way to breeze him. I might try to contact the people at Fair Hill to see if they'd allow me to bring my horse over there to work after regular training hours are over."