View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I would not argue with you there. Read Bennett was diagnosed with asthma and sleep apnea and it's been a struggle with him. Mike Brown said it was difficult for him to even watch him at times. Probably not a good thing to say about the number 1 pick in the draft. I think Bynum was a good gamble as it's only a 1 year thing contract wise if it works or doesn't work. Varejao back if he can actually play will also help. Waiters isn't very good, Tristan Thompson's switch to right-handedness now has actually gone pretty well. I think they can be in the mix for a low playoff seeding if Bynum and/or Varejao can actually play most of the year. Neither has a great recent history of doing that however.
I saw them play a few days ago and Bennett looked sluggish and heavy. He might eventually be an effective player but I dont know how much he gives them this season. Bynum is a certainly worth a short term deal plus they needed to get over the minimum salary line. That being said how much he gives them is a huge question mark. He didn't exactly distinguish himself in Philly with his rehab work. Waiters has ability but needs a defined role. Varejao being healthy and in shape gives them a big leg up on last years team but that's not exactly a given right now. I think the Jack and Clark signings are solid moves but this is a team that went 24-58 last season and has a lot of lingering issues.