Thread: Super Bowl Line
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
Ahh NO they are not. The Giants certainly did not play up to their potential until late in the season but they have no glaring weakness now on either side of the ball or the kicking game and most importantly they are on a roll.

NFL championships are won by teams with momentum not the best numbers overall. It pains me to admit the Giant's are likely to win this game but only a fool would ignore how the Giant's have looked these last few weeks despite the Pats winning 10 in a row they have not beaten many solid teams.

This line will continue to fall until it's very close to a push by game time. Remember the sole objective of the line is to split the play and create a 50/50 financial interest in the game. It will be harder to sustain New England's play as we get closer to Feb. 5th.

If for one, the Pats continue to trot out WR Julian Edelman and guys from the Raider's practice squad to play DB for them the Giant's will have a field day through the air on deep balls especially to guys like Cruz who gets up like no Pats DB.

Sadly this could look more like 1986, Bears-Pats 46-10 than one of the late game Brady/Vinatieri miracles.

Maybe the best idea is to accept the likely outcome here and try to make a few bucks on the money line while on vacation in Cancun. The line at kickoff will be closer to a "pick" than -3 IMO.....
No disrespect doc, but i highly doubt the line ends up a pick. Sharp players that took the open at +3.5 would hammer on the Pats the other way if the line drops to 2.5or lower. Regardless of who the public is in love with, books will not want to risk getting middled like in superbowl ? (someone help me because i forget the number) when the steelers beat the cowboys by 4 (35-31) creating a legendary beating for the house.

I rarely say "never" and you could be right but I bet it doesn't go below 2...if it moves down at all from here. Just my opinion.