View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I can't help but laugh at all of the outrage of the public in these matter of players using drugs. We believe that the number of guys using is pretty high yet according to the poll listed by Danzig, the sport still made $7b in revenue and is the second most popular in the country. "I hate you all.....now here, take my money." I think people talk about how bothered they are by the cheating because it seems like the right thing to do but inside, they don't actually care. I know I don't. I don't watch sports for the morals. I watch it to be entertained. If I'm going to the stadium, I want to see a 600-ft home run. I wouldn't care if a guy called time out at home plate and stuck the needle in right there. As long as I'm entertained, for the prices they charge, I'm good.

I remember years ago, Chris Rock was doing a show and he was talking about people that smoke crack. He mentioned Marion Barry. One of his jokes went like this, "I was talking to a group of kids and telling them crack is bad, don't smoke crack, you'll never be anything in life. One of the kids yelled back 'I can be mayor." I think about that joke when when I think about Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, and Barry Bonds. Yeah, those guys won't make the hall of fame. But they enjoyed tremendous careers, tremendous fame, and made tons of money. They and their families are set for generations. Look at Ryan Braun. He'll come off of his suspension with a new deal making $20 million plus per year. Where, I ask, is the incentive for guys NOT to cheat?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine