View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 03:00 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Well, at least California Chrome's turf form was boosted a little this week even if he doesn't run at Ascot.

Seriously, though, the turf division, especially in CA, could use some fresh imports. Winning Prize and Seek Again are toast and Bal A Bali always seemed suspect after his foot issues. Maybe he deserves another chance, but I won't hold my breath.

Over on the distance side, you have Cal-bred allowance horse Ashleyluvsugar and the cut-below Finnegans Wake ruling the roost.

Not sure what's around in New York, but I sure hope Coolmore can dig up a Cape Blanco or Powerscourt type to make things interesting this summer. Slumber was supposed to be good like 3 years ago. Little late now to think he'll have any consistency despite the big win at Belmont. Imagining and Twilight Eclipse are long in the tooth as well.

Or maybe Bolo can be the next Manila or at least Sunshine Forever.
Main Sequence will obviously be a major player if he returns at the same level. I'm also of the opinion that Divisidero has the potential to make noise, even against elders later in the year.

Otherwise, the division is dreadful.