View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
It was a crazy ending. The leader going into the last race bet $29,000 on the Classic and lost. The guy in second bet $4,000 and lost but still ended up winning because he bet small. From what I was told, he has one winner the whole contest. He bet $3,000 to win and had the exacta with the Engelhart horse who paid $66. Without the DQ, he ends up with nothing.

There is no possible way that McFarland should have lost. He is partners with Christian Helmers. Helmers had two entries (one in his own name and one in his mothers). The second entry had more than $65,000 half way through and finished with almost nothing.

They are very big bettors. In the end, I guess they couldn't help themselves and gave away the contest. In that situation, you have to make the people behind you come and beat you. You can't beat yourself.

Of course, it is easy for me to say since I was nowhere in this contest so I didn't have any tough choices to make...

Paul
HRTV had Helmers on the set between races and he said he is going to be very aggressive. I laughed when he said bettors need to have balls to win these contests..Apparently he got to the bottom of his....