View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:36 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITF View Post
Looks like the hype is starting for By My Standards...Any thoughts on his pedigree? I really like this horse but am having a difficult time convincing myself that Goldencents can get a horse to run 10F. Don’t know much about A Jealous Woman. Probably just overthinking it.
From a 2013 press release:

Hard knocking A Jealous Woman comes off a game win over the course in the Megahertz Stakes on Jan. 19 and is at the top of her game at age seven. Sent to the sidelines in the spring of 2010 with a bowed tendon, trainer Francis Meza

“Right now, she's at her peak,” said Meza on Thursday morning. “She's at her best. Last Thursday (Feb. 7) she worked five furlongs on the grass in a bullet 59 flat with Brice (regular rider, Blanc) up. He always works her.”

Blessed with an abundance of speed, Blanc can place his mount close to, or on the lead. Owned by a pair of retired mailmen, Richard Reid and Nick Tamborrino, who race as the Three Cent Stable, A Jealous Woman has now banked $443,856 from a mark of 19-8-3-3.

A bit obscurely bred, but as a side note her fourth dam was Miss Musket, who got buried by Chris Evert the horse in a match race.