View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Santa Anita

Railings has drawn the inside gate, that will help him, but I think he might just find the distance too short. Think he's a big chance in the Kelt over more distance in a couple of weeks though.

Here's some info on the main chances in the Highview:

Special Mission: 3 f (obviously, all of them are!) Towkay - Te Akau Trek, 3:3-0-0
Unbeaten in 3. She won her maiden by 7 lengths, and has won 2 stakes since. Her last win was against a previously unbeaten and very good filly called Dashing Donna and it was a really impressive win.

Satinka: Stravinsky - Miss Saigon, 5:2-0-1
Won a nice G2 race as a 2yo before running 3rd against the boys in the strongest G1 of last season, the Diamond Stakes. Seems to run a really bad race from time to time though (her formline is 81138).

Diamond Deck: Octagonal - Miss Trump, 4:0-2-1
Can't believe she's still a maiden! Placed in 3 stakes races. She's a 3/4 sister to Lonhro (Miss Trump is a daughter of Lonhro's dam Shadea). Current favourite for the 1000 Guineas even though she hasn't won a race yet! That's just how impressive she has been in defeat so far.

Insouciant: Keeper - Loudenne, 1:1-0-0
A big step up from her maiden win (I posted a Youtube link to that one earlier), but she looked so good in that race, I'm sure she's got the ability to be competitive at this level. From a good family, half-sister to a nice G2 winner called Copper Mountain.

I think the winner will come from those 4...no idea which one though!