View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ed_
I've decided I'll put all NZ racing stuff in one thread instead of annoying people who aren't interested with a new thread for everything.

* Yesterday at Ruakaka a filly called Double Or Nothin (3 f Helissio - Unbeleevable) won her debut so impressively that she's dropped from 100-1 to 20-1 for the 1000 Guineas. I was there at the track and the turn of foot she showed to go from mid-pack to 3 lengths in front in the space of about a furlong was absolutely incredible.
That was an impressive filly to have a debut race like that. When the camera had the close up shot of her in the backstretch, before going into the turn, you could see the jock had plenty under him. Nice splitting the field and then kept to her business late.

I was at Ellerslie just about a year ago and had a wonderful time. I bet a filly who won the Soliloquy Stakes. Her name was Imananabaa. I bet her because her mother is named Iman.

Crossing The Line and Black Mamba are two NZ exports that prove you have quality horses down there.

By the way, while driving a car down there I only made one wrong turn. Lucky nobody was coming at me.

Cheers