View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Heading to the beach today, so won't be able to check in until after the card.

Saturday Late Pick 4:

8th: The obvious three are #2 Miraculousmo, #4 Del Mar Sunset and #7 Charlie's Picnic, but I'm also using #5 Celebrated Talent and #8 Tony D. Celebrated Talent ran OK in his comeback race and gets 1st Lasix for McLaughlin, a move that has been paying off extremely well for his barn this spring/summer. Tony D was wide behind a slow pace on a speed-favoring track last out and is worth using at a big price.

9th: I don't see how #7 Authenticity loses. She's the best horse in the race and will likely be attending a slow pace. Now that I say that, she'll go :45 for the half, but still, she's my single. Her race in the Ogden Phipps was huge; she fractured the other speed through a fast pace and narrowly lost to the perfect trip winner.

10th: Can't get past the big three in here. #3 Unlimited Budget is the horse to beat turning back after her ill-advised Belmont Stakes try, she and the other Pletcher, Oaks winner #4 Princess of Sylmar will be my A's, #1 My Happy Face is my B.

11th: This is a race worth spreading in. David Jacobson appears to have the strong hand with #11 Road Agent and to a lesser extent #2 Vee's Accolade, though that one refuses to win. But Jacobson's horses didn't run well yesterday (Dual Citizen packed it in after being given an easy lead, Tenango was a no-excuse loser and Strapping Groom, though dueling through a fast pace, was nowhere to be found at the finish). To me, the biggest story of this meet is whether Jacobson will be the magician he was at Belmont or if he'll come down to earth, but I'm betting on the latter so far. I'll use his two, but also use #3 Ludo Bagman, #7 Drum Rolland #12 Velvet Cap.

$1 2,4,5,7,8/7/1,3,4/2,3,7,11,12 $75
$1 2,4,7/7/3,4/3,11,12 $18
Race 8 $7 WIN 8

Last edited by ateamstupid : 07-20-2013 at 03:35 PM.