View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Where to start Rupe...I have " lost" to two Bushes and a Reagan..I was sad all of those years but still was able to sleep at night. They were politically opposite but still decent human beings. Republicans have won before but can't you guys understand the backlash?? He is a bad man...Of course you don't think so but he will never be accepted as a president
I totally understand that you don't like him and you feel strongly about it. I totally respect that you feel that way. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is you saying that all people that voted for him are idiots and that you feel it is appropriate to get in the face of anyone who voted for him.

I could give you 50 reasons why Hillary is terrible and why I think it would have been crazy to vote for her. But despite that, I don't think that everyone who voted for her is stupid and I would not get in the face of anyone who voted for her. I may feel strongly that Hillary is terrible. I think she is dishonest and incompetent. When I weigh all of her good and bad qualities and compare them to all of of Trump's good and bad qualities, my opinion is that he would make a far better President than she would.

You obviously feel the opposite. I don't think that makes you stupid. You simply have a different opinion. I know plenty of smart people that voted for Hillary. I know plenty of smart people that voted for Trump. I know plenty of dumb people that voted for both of them. But to say that everyone who voted for Trump is an idiot is insane. It's a bigoted statement, just as it would be a bigoted statement if I said that everyone that voted for Hillary is an idiot.