View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Belmont Park

The track certainly had a definitive closing bias early in the card with only one (much the best) winner wiring the field.

DRF reporting Track variant for races 2,5,6,7,9 is 7 (Sprints);for races 3,8,10 is 12 (Turf) ;for races 1,4 is 23 (Routes) .

Not buying it. The track was slow all day including only 1 wire job by a much the best Maiden (I Zoom -2yo MSW, race 6) in a field of future lifetime conditioned claimers.

XY Jet, stellar in defeat, held off CR through the stretch to a 1:08:80 3/4 mile mark (which would have been a track record if the race had been 6F) Before Catalina Red got the best of him in the end, setting a Course record ~ 1:21:20 for 7F.

Call it an 88 BSF, I don't particularly have an ounce of interest one way or the other. I know what I saw, and the fact that this horse has set records in both spins over this track tells me all I want to know.

I hope Stewart goes to the Hutchinson with him next, but wouldn't be shocked if he keeps him here to try him at 2 turns in the Sam Davis (though still contend he looks like a miler at best at this point.)