Thread: Show Parlay
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
I agree with Dunbar....There is a reason why bridge jumping is a bad strategy. There are no sure things and 3-5 horses run off the board all the time. Where a baseball player is a millionaire if he can get a hit 3 out of 10 times, you will be a net loser if you are trying for a 2.10 show price and need to do it at a factor of 10 to get only a 5-2 return. Just not worth it...I'm not against an occasional show wager if a pool is faulty or the field is large enough....But that is different than trying to get the chalk home that many times in a row.

Randall, I meant this to be considered under the assumption of a modest amount of money....I consider a bridge jumper to be a not so modest amount of money taken completely from the pocket of the bettor, whereas what I'm suggesting is a modest amount built up on other people's money. I suppose one could categorize this as bridge jumping at a certain point but, to the bettor, he/she only stands to lose what he/she initially started with which, again, is a modest amount of money. Perhaps a couple hundred bucks.