PLACE $1.75 million

SHOW $1.00 million

4th a meager $250,000
5th a pitance $250,000

6 -12 $200,000

===============

In addition, slot holders will
receive 1/12th of the net revenue the race generates in
wagering, media rights, and sponsorships.

Although NBC will televise the Pegasus, channel 5.1 at 3:30 following figure skating 130 -330
The Stronach Group is paying for that air time, so no money will flow to the slot
holders from TV.

Slot holders also retain first preference for entering the 2018 edition of the Pegasus.
Again, I find myself being one of the nay-sayers when I see numbers like those from this posted. These purely business points that suggest that the Pegasus World Cup will not be a long term fixture.

[1] There appears to be absolutely no interest in broadcasting this race as it has very limited national appeal despite the Chrome vs. Arrogate rematch. We are one week out from the race and I have not seen anything on NBC or any other national network discussing the race. TVG has provided some coverage.

[2] According to what I read this morning, gate admission to Gulfstream is $100.00 per person on Pegasus day not to mention parking passes $50.00) and all of the other up-charges. What is the expected attendance for that type of gate charge? Will Gulfstream attract over or under 12,000 people for that kind of money? Personally, I would go under.

[3] If your entry finishes third or worse, completely possible given the field structure, how quickly are you ready to fire another speculative million at the pot for next year? (Maybe there are outfits lined up to kick in their $1,000,000? Who are they?)

[4] Wait until the post position draw this week. Put both Arrogate and Chrome in the ten, eleven, or twelve posts and your marquee match-up suddenly is upended. Worse, put only one of them in the outside slots.