Thread: Singapore watch
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Saratoga

Kranji trackwork - Wednesday

13 May 2015 | Singapore Turf Club

SINGAPORE AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CUP

Cooptado (SG) – Patrick Shaw

Cantered over one lap of Track 2 under jockey Barend Vorster.

“He’s feeling really good. He is starting to have a bounce to his steps,” said jockey Barend Vorster.

Trainer Patrick Shaw was up early at the International stables to run his eyes over his new Dubai import and was satisfied with what he saw, though a little worry still weighs on his mind.

“That was a nice workout. I’m just a bit worried about his weight,” said the South African mentor.

“He eats very well during the day, but for some reason I can’t explain, his weight keeps fluctuating. But otherwise, I can’t fault his condition, he’s all good.”

Smoking Sun (FRA) – Pascal Bary

Trotted and cantered up and down Track 6 with track rider Patrick Lemagny in the saddle.

“We decided to do something slightly different today by going on Track 6 instead of Track 4 because it is longer,” said track rider Patrick Lemagny.

“But he did the same trot, “galop de chasse” (light canter) and then came back cantering – just a little longer.
“It’s all just maintenance routine from now till the race. He’s not a showy horse but he is happy in himself, eating and drinking well.”

Meiner Frost (JPN) – Noboru Takagi

Did some paddock schooling, then walked one lap of Track 2 before moving to the turf track (Track 1) where he did what his track rider cum assistant-trainer Satoshi Munakata calls a “quarter-gallop” before sprinting up the last 600m in 34.7 seconds.

“He did look around a little, but he was quite focused and went at a good speed this morning,” said track rider cum assistant-trainer Satoshi Munakata.

“He doesn’t need cheekpieces or blinkers, but wears a shadow roll as he tends to drop his head. We want him to hold his head up.

“He also went to the parade ring and had a good look around.”

Dan Excel (HK) – John Moore

Trotted over 400-500m with track rider Yeung kai-tong aboard, followed by 1 ˝ laps of light canter on Track 2.

“We did the same programme as yesterday,” said assistant-trainer George Moore. “Just some trotting followed by cantering on the Polytrack.”

“We will be galloping tomorrow, although we are still undecided on which track.

“My dad will be coming tonight. We will probably decide on the track then, amongst other things.
“Dan Excel is doing very well. He’s probably in a better state of preparation now than he was last year.”

Military Attack (SIA Cup) & Lucky Nine (KrisFlyer) (HK) – Caspar Fownes

Both Lucky Nine (Danny Suen) and Military Attack (Paul Lo) cantered over two laps on Track 2.

“They cantered on Track 2 (Polytrack) for a couple of laps,” said trainer Caspar Fownes.

“Nothing too strenuous.”

Free Port Lux (FRA) – Freddy Head

One lap of trot and slow canter (1500m) and one lap of canter (1400m) on Track 2 (Polytrack) under track rider Philippe Bruneau, clocking 42.2 seconds for the last 600m.

“He worked very well this morning,” said travelling lad Regis Barbedette.

“He is in super condition. He is also eating and drinking well and everything has gone well for him.”

Johnny Guitar, Quechua, Slew Of Lode (SIA Cup) & Magneto (KrisFlyer) (SG) – Patrick Shaw

Trainer Patrick Shaw’s SIA Cup trio of Johnny Guitar, Quechua and Slew Of Lode all had a rest day and walked while his KrisFlyer runner Magneto with race-rider Nooresh Juglall up cantered on the uphill track.

“He worked very well this morning. The horse is back to his best shape and I hope it stays that way until raceday,” said race-rider Nooresh Juglall.

Stepitup (SG) – Laurie Laxon

Galloped on Track 2 with apprentice jockey Rueven Ravindra up, alongside Huka Falls, stopping the clock at 33.9 seconds for the last 600m.

“He did even time from the 1000m with Huka Falls and ran home in the last 600m. He was brilliant and I am very happy with him,” said assistant-trainer Shane Ellis.

“His fitness is 100%, couldn’t be better. Today is his final gallop, he will go for a swim tomorrow and do steady work for the next two days after.”

Wild Geese (SG) – Steven Burridge

Trotted and cantered over two laps with senior track rider Mick Lockett up on Track 2, clocking 38 seconds for the last 600m.

“He went 1000m even time and the last two furlongs in 25 secs,” said trainer Steven Burridge.

“It was a “winning workout”, I was very pleased with him. This is his final gallop and the plan is to go quiet for the rest of the week.

“He will probably go for a trot and canter tomorrow as he does not swim. His fitness is good, around 100%, I hope.”

KRISFLYER INTERNATIONAL SPRINT

Aerovelocity (KrisFlyer) – Paul O’Sullivan

Slow canter over one lap on Track 2 with assistant-trainer cum track rider Pierre Ng aboard.

“He has been sleeping well and eating well,” said assistant-trainer cum track rider Pierre Ng. “He is quite ready for the race.

“Compared to the Japan tracks, the Singapore track is more similar to the Hong Kong ones. If you include other similarities like the climate, it’s definitely easier for the horse to acclimatise here.

“He is still a little fidgety at the start of the session and it can be tough to mount him. But he is like that in Hong Kong as well, so it can be considered a good thing that he is behaving like his usual self.

“(Trainer) Paul (O’Sullivan) will be here tomorrow morning to oversee the trackwork.”

Rich Tapestry (HK) – Michael Chang

Did some paddock schooling before heading out for a slow canter over one lap on Track 2 with track rider Sit Shun-keung astride.

“There’s no change in the routine,” said track rider Sit Shun-keung. “Just a round of slow canter on Track 2 (Polytrack).

Hototo (BAH) – Fawzi Nass

Trotted and hacked on Track 6 before cantering back with track rider Hussain Abdulla in the saddle.

“He just went a little quicker today. He trotted all the way down and cantered back,” said assistant-trainer Nicolas Iguacel.

“That’s it for him. He doesn’t need to do much, as usual, he’s trotted and walked for 20 minutes before he came out.

“I would like him to stay at the weight he is at now. That would be ideal.

“He’s come on in a good way. He’s eating well, more than in Dubai actually.

“Fawzi will be here tomorrow morning and we may then get the horse to stretch on the grass tomorrow. We’ll see.”

El Padrino (SG) – Alwin Tan

Clocked evens on Track 2 before quickening over 400m with race-rider Oscar Chavez up, running the last 600m in 35.5 seconds.

“I was quite happy with the gallop considering he has been away for so long, plus he had a barrier trial last Thursday. He was pretty fresh,” said trainer Alwin Tan.

“I only needed him to sprint up the last bit. He’s a sit-and-wait horse and does not need to go too fast.
“After today, I may send him for a swim tomorrow and it will be all light work until Saturday.

“He is almost ready. My only worry is the turf and the distance which is a bit short – he needs more ground.”

Emperor Max (SG) – Stephen Gray

Cantered on the uphill track with apprentice jockey Ruzaili Yatim up.

”He just had an easy time on the hill, went up twice,” said assistant-trainer Peter Hutton.
“He looks fit and well.”

Kiwi Karma (SG) – Michael Clements

Long hand walk at the stables

“She had a good hit-out yesterday and she just had a long walk at the stables today,” said trainer Michael Clements.

“Work’s done with her. We’ll just keep her happy till Sunday.”

Zac Spirit (SG) – Cliff Brown

Went for a swim.