View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Ah, the Santa Anita stakes schedule: where the 3yo filly division is so teeming with horses, that the track can dare to card two route stakes for the same group on the same race card.

It was not unheard of back in the heyday of Hollywood Park to see fillies run in both of these races (Antespend, Pen Bal Lady, Country Queen, etc.) even though one of them was on the grass. Of course, track management wasn't daft enough to run both on the same day.

I think only champion 3yo filly Turkish Trousers was able to take down both races (both races were on the main track then). She also took down all the other 3yo filly stakes, turf or dirt, that year at HP (Railbird, Princess, Seņorita). I don't think she ran more than once a day though...
Santa Anita actually has a pretty good batch of 3yo fillies hanging around.
Sircat Sally will go off @ 1-5 or so Saturday,she's 6 for 6 with no end in sight.
I think It Tiz Well goes favored in the Summertime Oaks,she's won three of her last five (including a Gr. 3 @ Oaklawn) with a 2nd & 3rd.
The three horses to finish in front of her in her two recent losses are Unique Bella/Able Tasman/Paradise Woods.
Now the 3yo Colts........