View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Repeat F & M sprint winner, or a step behing last year?
I'll have a better idea when I get the figures for this card completed...though it won't be an easy day for figure making, because you had off and on rain, sometimes very heavy rain...and this tapeta surface here notoriously gets gradually faster as the card progresses, even when the weather is clear.

That aside, it was a very nice performance visually by Groupie Doll.

The second place finisher Purely Hot got a textbook perfect trip, racing in a clear and isolated third position, while relaxing in behind a pair of breakaway speed duelers.

Purely Hot is a former $4,000 claimer, and locally based horse, who came into this race with a 6-for-6 record at PID ... all sensationally easy wins, including one dominant 5 lengths win in a 100K stake race at 5.5f earlier in the meet.

It was a very entertaining race to watch outside. It felt like almost every last person outside was rooting for either Groupie Doll or Purely Hot, and some of the Purely Hot fans were extremely loud. She is a VERY popular horse here. Her owners were outside and obviously a lot of backstretch workers and local fans were pulling for her...when she inherited the lead from the duelers as Groupie Doll was making her move in behind her...it was without question the loudest roar I've ever heard at this racetrack.

Really great race to watch outside.

Anytime you have a very popular former $4,000 claimer making her 6th start locally this summer, and a genuine champion female sprinter like Groupie Doll returning to this race for a 2nd year in a row... and they both run their race and fire ... it's a pleasure to watch.