View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Washington Park

3Kings, yes it should. How quickly they are making changes, I don't know. Previously, they had you blocked by zip code when trying to establish an account. I'm within 35 miles of Harrah's, and as such, could only use their ADW, which was outsourced to TVG as pabets.tvg.com. No other ADW would take me, however I was able to play with BetAmerica, why I don't know. I was also able to use my Parx phonebet account, which I've had for 30 years.

I realize what they were trying to do, insure that money was directed to the local horsemen, but they offered a sub-standard product. I would look at TVG.com and then log in, be redirected to pabets.tvg.com and half of the tracks would vanish. I'm OK with local horsemen getting a cut of any money bet in PA. In fact, I'm greatly in favor of it. However, I'd like that done on the back end, out of sight. I'd like to bet with my choice of ADW's and get track odds and good service. All the bigger units are all approved in PA and work accordingly.

Steve was talking about this today. It really is huge. Pennsylvania has close to 13 million people and these restricted zones covered most of the populated areas of the state. Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Scranton and Erie were all restricted. Most likely 80% of possible horseplayers in PA.

I always felt that restriction was unconstitutional, if ever challenged. Unfortunately, nobody ever seriously challenged it. It was like saying if you lived a certain zip code, you must buy your groceries at Giant. Not ACME or Shop Rite. Most people would be outraged by having no choice. That is how most of us felt.

Very good day for PA horseplayers. Looking at closing some accounts and opening new ones. Going to shop.

Although, must give kudos to XPressbet. They had The Meadows franchise and a good friend, Rob L. in Pittsburg, had much better services than I. He could bet AUS, HK, UK, any. Plus got PP's and video. Was very happy with service.