Thread: NHL Marketing
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
It was a joke, dummy. But 28 goals in 6 games is enough reason to pull him if he starts Game 4 poorly. We're trying to win a Cup here, not stroke egos.

Yeah, Hank's gonna demand a trade if he gets pulled. That's not how playoff hockey works. Corey Crawford got yanked after one period this postseason and he has a ring. It wasn't a big deal and he was ready to go when called on again. Nobody is bigger than the team, if you're giving up 6 goals a game, you know you run the risk of getting benched, period.
JC, are you new?
he damn near demanded a trade when torts was there, essentially giving the franchise the "he goes or i go" speech. You think this guy would step aside for Talbot happily? making $9M to sit. So what happens if Talbot wins you your cup, then what? you look down at the end of the bench and see $9M sitting with his glove and blocker on, with no helmet. If Talbot proves he can win a cup, the writing is most definitely on the wall, why pay one dude $9M when you can pay the guy who finished off the run $4M? And let's be honest here, it's not like the rangers ooooze loyalty here.

Corey Crawford, really? they have literally been trying to push that guy out of town for 4 years now, he's beyond expendable, but nobody wants his contract. He was a professional about getting the hook, bc he will literally never have it as good as he does right now, with Chicago. Crawford is also, far from, "the best goalie in the world"

*also, i want to make this perfectly clear, PULLING, and STARTING are 2 very different things, all my points are based on STARTING a new goalie, in a new game. BUT, you run the risk of pulling a goalie and having to play the hot goalie the next game, slippery slope

-bt-