View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 07:07 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
This is another classic case of Freddy not seeing the 24-pack for the can of PBR.

Why are we worried about the stallion career of a horse who couldn't stay sound enough to make it through half of a campaign?

The purpose of imposing limits on the age of 1st year stallions would be to prevent this very type of horse from passing on his unsoundness.
I’m laughing out loud at the first paragraph.

I guess the only issue with what you are suggesting is I’m not sure it solves anything. Let’s use the horse Freddy is talking about as an example. They bring him back for a start at the end of his 3 year old year. He gets hurt again and then they just wait out another year or so and he still goes off to stud duty.

The only real way to change this as I see it would require an overhaul of the game as we know it. Less graded stakes, lower purse money for stakes and less total races. There are too many options available. Force trainers to run their horses more.

The best racing we have seen all year was from April-June because fewer tracks were open and trainers HAD to run their horses instead of shopping around for an easy spot.