View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
You have always had issues with making over the top statements and asserting them as if they are fact. But this is at a new level. Upstart, who until Saturday had been out of the exacta exactly once in 6 starts, had just earned the 2nd highest speed figure in the field according to Beyer, and the highest Thoro-graph number, was "likely the most overrated horse in the crop."

Think about hitting the brakes. I know you're thumping your chest about American Pharoah, but enough's enough.
If you consider posting an opinion as having issues, then I have those issues.

The rest of your post is ridiculous.

I never said Upstart is a bad horse, just that people are overrating the horse. Yes, he usually fires, and yes, he's an honest horse. Has he really run a race yet that merits the amount of attention he's received? Hell no.

Alot of otherwise pretty sharp people on here, for instance, picked him to win last Saturday, and I really had my mind boggled by that. To me, he was a stone cold throwout. I've seen too many nonsensical reasons to explain away his Breeders Cup performance as well, though I'm sure you are already contesting that in your head as you read this.

That second highest BSF going into the Derby was a complete joke, and most people knew that. How the hell does he go off at such long odds with such an apparently impressive resume??

Finally, your assertion that I'm thumping my chest sounds like sour grapes coming from someone who has been quite vocally opposed to betting AP since before the Breeders Cup.

You show me one instance on here where I was thumping my chest about him winning the Derby. You won't, because if anything, I publicly stated that I was somewhat underwhelmed by his performance, and in fact, thought he was going to lose while watching the race.

Try to be objective Nick, as you are accusing me of not doing myself.

What's enough is enough is your lack of objectivity regarding this topic.