View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
The draw for me affects Upstart negatively the most. I'm likely not using at all now, where I had him underneath in the Tri/Super. Dortmund is really up against it with quicker speed directly outside him in Stanford and Firing Line looking to cross over, and speed inside of him in Materiality. He's a huge lumbering sort that takes a bit longer to get going, and with almost certain contact, may be taken off his game early. He's no longer a win candidate for me.

AP is the logical favorite, and baring something unforeseen - should be the easy winner. The two best closers in my book - International Star and Danzig Moon - will be played vertically underneath AP, along with Dortmund, Materality, Firing Line, Frosted, and Tencendur.
Wasn't the pace that Stanford set in New Orleans fairly slow? I have a photo from the Santa Anita Derby and Dortmund was taking the lead a few strides out from the gate. Of course you can't bet them all, but a lot is being said about Dortmund's size and he hasn't really shown to me to be a horse who has difficulty getting his legs underneath him. Materiality is very large as well. I was a bit torn with Materiality and Carpe Diem, but I definitely don't like where they drew.