View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Sam Houston

I think the top two horses from the Westchester, Flat Out and Cross Traffic, will be tough to beat in this year's Met Mile. I also see Mark Valeski as a contender. He showed in last year's Peter Pan that he can run well at Belmont, and his recent morning workouts have been fast. I also think that the horse that beat him in New Orleans last time, Graydar, is top class. I don't think we saw the strongest edition of the Carter this year, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Sahara Sky ran well.

I bet the connections of Flat Out wish the Breeders' Cup had been held at Belmont sometime in the past few years. His record there is outstanding.

In the Acorn, I think the 6-1 ML price on Close Hatches is very generous. She didn't run very well in the Kentucky Oaks, but she defeated the winner of that race, Princess of Sylmar, by three lengths in the Gazelle at Aqueduct. She was impressive in her one-turn debut at Gulfstream, and I think the one-turn mile should be perfect for her.

I was very impressed with Joyful Victory's recent win at Santa Anita. She might be a single on my pick 4 ticket.