Thread: Wednesday Show
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
The idea that Motion doesn't medicate his horses the same way that most trainers do is laughable.

If you didn't know any better and you read the stories post-Derby you would think that Animal Kingdom was some sort of organic horse. I especially liked the part where his breeding was lauded while ignoring the fact his sire was trained by a guy who many thought at the time was in the midst of the greatest juicing display in history. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't but since perception now trumps reality in this sport he actually may be a perfect example of what the agenda driven call a sire who got a far better opportunity because of medication. It's all bs either way, what medication the horse received has no bearing on his genetic makeup.

I think Motion is a terrific trainer with a great set up at Fairhill. He did a super job getting this horse ready. But the idea that sport is somehow better off because he won the Derby as opposed to a different trainer is silly. But like most others things associated with the game, if people repeat it long enough, most will eventually take it as fact despite all evidence pointing to the contrary.
I agree with 100% of this. The only thing I would add is Motion has gotten way too much credit. The horse has been in training for 18 months in one way or another and Motion has had him after he was a excellent prospect that Wayne Catalano prepped. Winning the Derby is winning the Derby but this lovefest is over the top. This group of colts so far is extremely ordinary, including the Derby winner!

Last edited by Kasept : 05-13-2011 at 06:47 AM.