View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 03:56 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Who hurt you so badly that you’ve got such a negative outlook?

I can tell you that my wagering was significantly lower in 2021 than it has been in years. I’ve been very turned off from the sport. I’m definitely not still watching and wagering in the same way I used to.

If someone like me, who grew up going to the track a couple times a week every summer with his grandpa, is starting to lose interest, I think the sport is in trouble. There are maybe 2-3 people I know younger than me who have any interest in horse racing and 1 of them is my relative.

The major thing everyone brings up when I ask them about horse racing is that they think the animals are treated poorly. I used to tell them, “Are you kidding? These top level horses live better lives than a lot of people.” With all the Servis/Navarro stuff and Baffert stuff, I’ve stopped saying that.
That’s just the thing. I don’t have a negative outlook. I have an extremely positive one. Horses like Flightline and Life is Good and Corniche really excite me. Not as much as they excite Rollo but still. I just don’t have any expectation that there is a level playing field. Never have and never will. I think most people do what’s best for them and if it happens to also be good for the horse, that’s great.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine