View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 11:34 AM
The Curragh

Default ROI Results 9/19 @ Woodbine

As of last week we decided that the ROI winner would pick the venue for this coming Saturday but
as Joly so aptly pointed out, "if anything can go wrong, it will". Murphy's Law strikes again as no one
was able to show a profit, let alone cash a ticket. NJ Stinks gave it a ride hitting the first three
legs of a Pick 4 and then getting shut out with 3 horses. Cal tried the exacta trifecta array and picked
the right horses but not the right order. Cruzan waited till the finale and tried to exit a winner
but Last American Exit who rallied from last fell 3/4 of a length short. And so our historically bad
year of capping goes. Cruzan remains the only player to still show a profit. With that being said
and with the clever idea of letting the ROI winner decide Saturday's venue may I suggest Santa
Anita for Saturdays ROI contest. I do not have any insight as to a Points contest yet. Santa Anita
has 5 graded stake races and 5 races with Breeders Cup implications. Please leave any comments
or suggestions on next weeks venue. Following are the unofficial results pending the official sign.

Joly B -$96.00

NJ Stinks -$99.80

Roamin -$100.00

Real Quiet -$100.00

Cal828 -$100.00

Indian Hemp -$100.00

Cruzan -$100.00

Ruffian -$100.00