View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Ellis Park

Random Derby Thoughts:
McKinzie: I wonder if he's the type that only does enough to win the race......I don't think the Bolt was ever going to get by him in the San Felipe.
Mississippi/Flameaway: The way trainer Casse handles these two is like night & day,I get that Mississippi is supposed to be the more talented of the two........but in battle I'll go to war with Flameaway nine ways til Sunday.
Strike Power: Scheduled to go in the FLA Derby,If I'm Henning I scoot up North to try the Wood and avoid the clash with Catholic Boy/Promises Fulfilled/Audible.
Audible: He was pretty nervous before the Holy Bull........If Pletcher can settle him down,no telling how good he might run in the FLA Derby.
Steve Asmussen: He has like a gazillion runners on the Trail,sooner or later he's going to have to split them up.
He has Sunland/FG/Keen(?)/OP covered.......but if his stock are all doing well,you have to think AQU/Santa Anita.........or even Dubai might see him saddle one up.
There's no chance Bob Baffert is so upset with the SA stewards DQ of McKinzie that he ships all of his 3yo's out of state for their final prep.........right ?
Wouldn't Justify be the clear favorite in the Wood if he appeared on the scene in NY ?.........just saying.