View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 03:08 PM
Turf Paradise

Wonder Wheel ran alright but wasn't up for making the leap forward I expected and was simply second best as the favorite. Cape Cod Causeway was likely second best and could've been put up for the win, in one sense was unlucky because if not for the late contact she gets by the 3 no doubt in my opinion. On the other hand Succulent was best in there. I don't mind criticizing the stewards and I know plenty did for their decision in there I honestly thought they had to make a really tough call in that one and wouldn't have faulted them for any outcome really. CCC will break her maiden soon though.

Total Wagered: $284.00
Total Returned: $207.90

I had a really whacky opinion I wanted to use if the 9th stayed on the turf that the 3 Grecian Pharoah was live at huge odds. No longer interested on the main track.

Best Bet - Race 11 #3 Bourbon Bash 6/1
Lukas has had some meet and already with a win today. I was on Mo Strike in his last and I'm still really high on the horse but it looks like speed will be deadly with the rain and I really think Bourbon Bash can turn the tables on Chad's runner who will likely take a good deal of money. I loved the easy speed this one showed on debut and think second out just put it together. I'll have a nice day if Bourbon Bash/Mo Strike make up the exacta in either order.

Best Value - Race 12 #7 Fancy Feline 6/1
Not sure what type of price to expect here but think she's best in here and is proven on a sloppy track. Wish I had something more clever being closing day and given that I've clinched not being able to turn a positive ROI - Mashnee Girl in the 10th looks pretty intriguing, you can draw a line through the sprint and she stack up but I have a feeling she's probably not quite good enough and there are others with some upside in there. Fancy Feline on the other hand looks to me like the most likely winner to close out the meet and likely won't go off at such odds.

Good luck closing it out to everyone.