View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 01:10 PM
Turf Paradise

^Thanks - mixed bag but I did OK, pretty brutal with Search Results though if she held on I have the pick-5 for $6 instead caught it for a buck. Can't complain on a decent day though I guess. My picks have been pretty brutal of late, some nibblers and tough beats but that's about it, updated total below.

Total Wagered: $252.00
Total Returned: $182.90

Best Bet - Race 9 #4 Lady Rocket 6/1
Interesting Ballerina and I think you can make a case for any of them in here, even Travel Column if you want to be that creative, I landed on Lady Rocket ultimately though. While the Go for Wand seems like the aberration on paper, the Madison was a heck of an effort given the pace...no shame in losing at a mile to Search Results and it seemed like they used the Chicago as a confidence booster to point here. I really don't like Bella Sofia in here and I think that most of the stalkers/closers will be content to let those two go up front...think she can shake loose of her turning for home and hopefully gain enough separation from the closers.

Best Value - Race 5 #6 Irwin 6/1
Could've flipped best bet/value but I wanted to use this one today. The way I see this race my biggest concern is if Microphone is just too good and beats a pretty average field. If not I think it really becomes a battle between whether you prefer Shawdyshawdyshawdy or Irwin and I think most will be gravitating to the former as evidenced by the ML...I happen to think Irwin has actually run every bit as well and perhaps better than Sss the last two times they met. He also has more tactical speed and I just think is super logical today and goes out for solid but underrated connections compared to some of the other outfits in here.