View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:45 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
You must have watched a different race than I did to suggest Restoring Hope did anything that remotely came close to making Bravazo clip heels and go down. In reality, he drifted out slightly going into the first turn before straightening and holding the two path, i.e. the same trip anyone who wanted to be aggressive could’ve gotten. Then he packed it in just in time for Vino Rosso to take his best shot at Justify, which wasn’t near good enough.

I love the idea that rabbits are just good old-fashioned gamesmanship but running an anti-rabbit is somehow a disgrace that needs to be investigated. No amount of hysteria or exaggeration or made-up hypotheticals will allow you to have that both ways. Killer redboard on your 6/5 Justify bet though.
How did you know that I mentioned the bet to redboard and not to let Merlinsky know that I was not biased? That was an astute observation on your part. I'm a big redboarder, especially with 6-5 shots. Winning with a 6-5 favorite is a huge accomplishment.

I just watched it again. The incident with Bravazzo was not as bad as I originally thought. He came in on him a little bit and put him in a little tight, but it wasn't that bad. But still, one minute he is trying to force horses wide, then the next minute he is coming in to try to put Bravazzo in a tight spot. Trying to interfere with other horses is more extreme than putting a rabbit in a race IMO.