View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Santa Anita

Default Can't make wine from sour grapes

http://www.drf.com/news/horsemen-que...restoring-hope

Since when aren't Baffert horses forwardly placed when possible? The idea that RH would be kept farther back, given typically winning/placing Belmont performances of late, makes no sense. The idea that forward placement of RH is indicative of impropriety doesn't really work for at least those two reasons. Besides which, what a frickin' hypocrite if he wanted Noble Indy to set things up for Vino Rosso. Repole's mad he didn't get to 'Smarty' Justify. I see no situation where Noble Indy pulls out a win (without getting loose on the lead which was not gonna happen). He wanted to involve the NY Gaming Commission? Is he kidding? Would he mind it if we did that for him if he'd used Noble Indy as a rabbit for Vino? It's the same thing. I don't think Geroux was was doing anything that didn't make sense for RH's best run.

Johnny ought to know better. Jay Privman's take makes total sense. It passes the smell test for sure. Geroux did nothing wrong and I've heard the RH rankness and solution brought up by multiple people. If Noble Indy did hit the gate and, as Javier said, wasn't fast enough to get up there, that explains why he allowed that loss of position. Sorry, Mike, you didn't get to set up the race for your other horse and, incidentally, he wouldn't have won anyway as evidenced by Gronkowski's run. I think it's pretty clear if you'd cleared out Justify, Gronk was comin'. Super petty of Repole to go for Javier like that. I guess watch'em kiss and make up at some point. Todd can't have been happy, but he wouldn't be that vindictive with JC. If you don't have a plan B, well who's fault is that? He wasn't fast enough. Too bad. Not another jockey or trainer's responsibility to give your horse a break.