View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretriat34 View Post
As I think back to 2004 and reflect on the top 2 finishers in the BCC and the DWC, I see a similarity between MDO and Pleasantly Perfect and this year’s top 2 BCC runners, Chrome and Arrogate. In 2017 however, 13 years later, the DWC has been replaced by the inaugural running of the Pegasus world cup.
The big difference this year is the distance. While both the BCC and DWC were run at 10f on dirt, the Pegasus is run at 9f. And this change alone makes it impractical to compare the winning situation. While in 2004 MDO was headed for victory to be caught at the 9.5 f mark by PP. as was CC in 2017 by Arrogate in the BCC. The shorter race at GP (9f) may make the end result quite different. AT the 9f mark in the 2016 Bcc CC was a winner, will CC be a winner at 9f at Gulfstream.
How much are you willing to wager on this ?

I read TVG is offering 10 to 1 odds on either CC or Arrogate to win
9f makes the PWC a different animal than the DWC, and the question to be asked is at 9f can a horse other than the top 2 be the winner ?..and if TVG is offering 10 to 1 , building up pool sizes, would a place bet on anyhorse other than CC or Arrow, be the best wager on the day, as the inflated pools will offer much value on the place winner if the top 2 finish 1,3..or even worse.

Thoughts ?
TVG offer is only on new accounts. If I was setting up an account I would take the 10-1 on arrogate