View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Samraat has won against Uncle Sigh twice in a row. He won pressing him up front, and he won stalking from behind. The jockey never used the whip too often from what I could see, and he even won with a wide-wide trip, the most hated trip in dirt racing for a speed horse, and on the same exact track.

Maybe in the future Uncle Sigh will improve more than Samraat. I'm not seeing how Uncle Sigh is better right now.
Sorry, two relatively close finishes, between two lightly raced horses, where one had the benefit of the outside stalking position, tells me nothing definitive whatsoever.

To me, they are two talented 3YOs, and the one that gets the better trip will likely be the winner when they meet assuming each runs his race.

Or maybe you think that definitively, had Samraat been engaging outside the whole race, he still would have won if Uncle Sigh, who had been able to stalk outside, put him in tight between horses during a stretch battle?

No, I don't know the answer either. But, I think it's at least food for thought.