View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 12:24 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
In theory, they could have also run her in the Coaching Club (4 weeks after the Acorn and larger purse than the Test) or the Monmouth Oaks (5 weeks after the Acorn and smaller purse). I can see wanting to give her more time after the massive effort in the Acorn, though. Still, it's notable that all her official wins came around one turn and the race where she was DQed, her only race around two turns, she only won by a neck. I highly doubt she would make it 10 furlongs against the likes of Tiz the Law or Art Collector. I have my doubts she'll beat Speech or Swiss Skydiver at 9 furlongs.
That may be true. If she wins the Oaks and wraps up the 3yo filly title, the Preakness would be a good opportunity to find out. I too had my doubts after the Oaklawn race because I had a hard time believing that Speech, Venetian Harbor, Gamine, and Swiss Skydiver all ran that fast. But they are showing that they were all legit that day.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine