View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
The platitudes and hyperbole not withstanding - are you actually making the case that Tonalist's chances are on par with Bayern or Cal Chrome?
Not at all...just that he is ahead of Shared Belief. The other two are ahead of the field by a significant amount.

To me, Bayern is the most satisfying Horse of the Year in more than a few years. I get why Wise Dan got it, I just think we would have been better served with no winner the past two years, same with Havre de Grace, I obviously didn't agree with Zenyatta, but as much as I think Blame "deserved" it, he was hardly a spectacular winner. I guess Rachel was the last truly deserving winner.

Bayern ran the entire year, at eight different track, and racked up an impressive array of victories, including in my opinion the performance of the year in the Woody Stephens. I love horses like him. All sorts of distances, at all the big tracks, and he rebounded from resounding losses on two big occasions. Maybe if we reward horses like him, people will stop worrying about losing, and run their horses.