View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA
I think the racing was great. I'm biased, but regardless, I thought the racing was great. Jeez, how can you not be impressed with what Curlin has done this year. Most impressive performance of the day, and off the cuff, Midnight Lute second, Corinthian third; maybe I'm missing something.

The weather was lousy. It was what it was, Mother Nature -- what can you do. I think "Monmouth Park" as a facility was great. I think they did a super job, facility wise. The teller situation seemed very good, concession stands as well, and there didn't seem to be too many people in a facility that couldn't handle it. The ticket distribution and pricing strucuture is the abolsute worst I've ever seen it. In all the years of the Breeders Cup, it has now achieved a level of being pathetic. It must be changed. The Breeders Cup needs to be "a lot more" of a lot -- a lot more accessible to the masses, customer friendly and conducive, etc. Of course, this is not a host track issue however, it's a Breeders Cup issue.

I believe that the mindset of the Breeders Cup people/management is that they are more concerned about the business aspect, corporate sponsorship, revenues, etc. -- than they are about the show.

Eric
I agree, there were some 'wow' performances on the day, even the Distaff division, which everyone had been saying was very dull outside of RTR, gave the best horse to horse battle down the stretch.

Because of Mother Nature I can say I was definitely glad to be watching from home though.