View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
I don't have time to address all of your very good points right now.... so you know though you do make some excellent points.

Sorry for being scattered but a few things.....

No, I don't take it as a dig at all.

The part about blaming the sellers (... and you're right. Much as i'd like to think I wouldn't sell the reality is that I'm sure i would)... what i meant was that they're slammed over and over for their purchases while the sellers have some kinda immunity.

The Geezer (I still don't understand why they bought him but i do like him very much) and Hinterland... why would you say they're ruined?

Short version is this... I have absolutely no problem with your post. Clearly you know much more than I as you've followed this your whole life and I'm just a Smarty-era inductee.

What i defend is their right to do what they choose with their horses. It's that simple.

If a writer is penning a piece and they choose not to play along and answer questions I hold no grudge, especially after some of the nasty things written about them in the American press.

You know for a fact I'm a big fan of AOB and I'm sick to death of the mentality that it's either / or... do you get what i'm saying?

You and most here or all here thought it was a good piece.

I thought it was propaganda.

No big deal... all opinions are valid, right?

One last thing..... I remember how slow they were to release the Blues and Royals news but they've been up front since then, haven't they?

Again, sorry for being scattered..... just short of time.
I don't see how anyone could have a dig at the sellers though. Half of these horse are not for sale, but they offers too good to refuse. I would prefer them to be more sttubborn, and not sell no matter what the offer was.... and in the long run, i think it would help Godolphin if the "opposition" just said NO. If you had a horse that you knew was okay but not top notch (e.g. The Geezer and Opera Cape) and someone came and offered £2million to take them off your hands (i think Opera cape was injured at the time) you would think it was your lucky day, but in reality, that's what happened.

The horses i listed, including Hinterland looked like nice horses before they went to Godolphin, but what happened after then? Nothing. Over night they lost all their ability? or Godolphin just can't train very well at all. They are the only two options. Same with short skirt and Silca's Sister, the later was a very good filly. She is now injured (what a surprise and is doubtful to run again). Vista Bella finished 3rd in the 1,000 guineas as a three year old. She was packed off to Godolphin and within THREE (yes, three) months she was seriously injured and has since shown nothing on the track.

I wouldn't mind, but this happens so much, same happened with Imperial Stride, Narivk, Winged Cupid etc etc.

The reason you ask? They train the horses too hard. They gallop the cr*p out of them, and they think that is how to train a racehorse.

Go to the races in England and you will never see an unfit Godolphin horse, they will always look as fit as a flea because they have been galloped sensless. Yes, it gets them fit, but a horse CANNOT be trained like that. They do the same with their 2yo's as well, which is why it is very rare to see a Godolphin 2yo show the same sort of form at 3.

David Loder quit training the Godolphin 2yo's because he was sick that he was being told they "had to win first time out" which meant galloping these poor 2yo's into the ground time after time. It was disgusting to hear of the break downs that they suffered, but they didn't care because they would just go and buy one to replace it.

People have tried to change their ways, but if anyone trys to change them, they have a letter of resignation through the post for them to sign the very next day and a letter of confidentiality....... i wonder why!

Put it this way, the news about Electrocusionist wasn't what you would call prompt

You defend what they do with their horses? You defend the non stop galloping, you defend all of the injuries (most of which could be stopped), you defend the arrogance? That doesn't seem like you at all.

As i said, come to Newmarket for a week and speak to the people in the know. I will introduce you to some people and i'm pretty sure you would leave very upset and angry.

and now we murderers because we kill time

Last edited by NoChanceToDance : 08-06-2007 at 04:35 PM.