View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 07:13 AM
The Curragh

Good ol' Rick Hore Lacy, he may be a mand man, but boy can he train - and he knows when he's got a good one!

He told me back in March that he had a stallion prospect on his hands in the shape of this fella, and so far he looks to be right. He should have won a GR1 as a 2yo, but Cassidy butchered him in Sydney in the Autumn.

How was Reward For Effort allowed to go off at $3.40........ that was buying money!

Probably the biggest win of the day was So You Think, not just the way he won, the fact he was still on the bridle when he went past Typhoon Tracey! Considering he's had minor surgery and a very long spell, that was massive. Big credit goes out to Shoot Out who toughed it out three wide and came home hard, but he's gonna need to find even more improvement if he is going to get past So You Think in the Cox Plate judging by this effort. MASSIVE RUN.

Must also mention Moudre - sublime win at Caulfield today. He couldn't be with a nicer trainer, Ciaron and I had a good chat while I was down at Mt Gambier in March and he told me to watch for this horse - and I've yet to back him!!!!! He looks like a serious Caulfield Cup contender after today's win.

and now we murderers because we kill time