View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann View Post
Any long-range thoughts on the Stewards' Cup? I have a fondness for this race because it was in the 2006 running that I first noticed the horse that became one of my favorites, Borderlescott. He won it by a neck that year, conceding 6 lbs to the second; the next year he carried 9-9 (135 lbs) and lost by a head, conceding 8 lbs to the winner; the year after that he carried 9-10 and finished third, 3/4 length behind Conquest, who carried 15 fewer lbs. Next out after that 2008 race he won the G1 Nunthorpe S and has been in pattern or listed company ever since. The old fellow (he's now 9yo) seems to have lost a few steps this year; maybe he needs to go back to his favorite race and course.
He's a nice horse. I didn't realize he was still in training.

I know Hoof It is pointed and I do like that one.

Not a great horse or anything but has some nice wins to his credit... two back he beat some awfully nice types (Horseradish who is now a resident of HK and has some God-awful new name, Mister Hughie who is no longer with Mick Channon, Dockofthebay and Tajneed who are both pointed as well, Flipendo who I'm a fan of). It was his first race back (since Octobe)r and he beat a field of 20 (the start before he won - field of 21).

Nice type who I think is improving and who I hope Fallon takes the mount on.

Anyone interest you at this point?

I knew you'd be excited too, ed.

Umm yes Clyde go horsies.