View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
He's a very overrated jock. That being said, after the start he had yesterday, I'm not sure that there was anything else he could have done. Was he really supposed to make some kind of early premature move when the pace was hot, in a race that looked like on paper like it was going to melt down? Then he was compromised even more on the backstretch when (I think it was) TCI backed up quickly causing him to check sharply. That was the final nail for him.

We always talk about racing luck and trips in this race and the horses that got the best trips yesterday ran 1-2. MG gave I'll Have Another an almost flawless ride yesterday from the 19 hole. Obviously it helped that he broke sharply, unfortunately for Union Rags, he did not.
I haven't read much, but this is the first I have seen this mentioned. He performed tremendously on such a big stage for the first time. Obviously having a talented horse and having the race run as it appeared on paper was of great help. But I thought he gave a fantastic ride as well. Pretty good for a jock that was riding at Hastings last year.