View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
If you're playing against Songbird, you're figuring for at least two of the following three things:

She is softened up by Go Maggie Go early
She is softened up by a Family Tree middle move
She is vulnerable in the tenth furlong with some decent closers moving late

Admittedly, I don't think Songbird is nearly as good as most people do. The best horse she's beaten to date is Carina Mia, who is a sprinter/miler. She will likely not get to dictate terms here and that can increase her vulnerability. She is clearly a very good horse, but that shouldn't preclude anyone from playing against her in the multis, where you will get tremendous value.

I will try to get alive in a multi race play to Family Tree, Going for Broke and Weep No More. There's a good chance I'll lose, but it's worth the gamble.
Vinny Gambini: I object to this witness being called at this time. We've been given no prior notice he'd testify. No discovery of any tests he's conducted or reports he's prepared. And as the court is aware, the defense is entitled to advance notice of any witness who will testify, particularly to those who will give scientific evidence, so that we can properly prepare for cross-examination, as well as to give the defense an opportunity to have the witness's reports reviewed by a defense expert, who might then be in a position to contradict the veracity of his conclusions.
[there is a short pause as Judge Haller appears caught off-guard by Vinny's sudden compentence with knowledge of the law]
Judge Chamberlain Haller: Mr. Gambini?
Vinny Gambini: Yes, sir?
Judge Chamberlain Haller: That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.
Vinny Gambini: Thank you, Your Honor.
Judge Chamberlain Haller: [firm tone] Overruled.