View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Gulfstream Park

Took a quick look at the card at Happy Valley tonight. Seems like I only like the odd numbered races...

Race 1:
#2 New Pet: Competitive in C4 last season. Solid return on the AWT and then had two rough trips at the mile. Drops into C5 on the cutback as Prebble gets aboard. Good price to start the card.
9, 10, and 11 the main exotics uses.

Race 3:
#2 Ensemble: Favoured on the drop to C3 with JMo. Proven over the course and distance and in the class. The one the beat.
#11 Brilliant Proposal: Does his best running over the course and distance. Solid first up run and gets in light. The firmer the better.
#3 Speedygonzalez: Returns to the Valley where he's won 5 of his last 6. Only two tries at 5f so unproven there.

Race 5:
#2 Golden Bauhinia: Posted three deep over 6f last out. Will prefer the cut to 5f and will get a good trip. Three of Irad's rides are no hopers (reflected in his 70-1 odds to win the challenge) so hopefully he does well here.
#12 Flashing Guy: Course and distance is where he's done his best work by far. Khumalo's best chance.
#10 Ocean Roar: Won in identical conditions two back and had a tough trip last time. Double digit odds.

Race 7:
#11 Five Step: Has had a chance to mature over the break and I really liked his trial the other day. There's speed to burn in here and he's got the right running style. A few others in here that seem more likely have had their chances so I'll take a 40-1 chance first up for Khumalo.
#9 Vara Pearl has a good shot with the slight stretchout.

Race 9:
#9 Bespoke Collars: Should get a perfect trip from gate four. Favourite should get home first in the last.

Khumalo at 8-1 looks a good shout to win the IJC.

Last edited by Kitan : 12-10-2014 at 12:22 AM.