View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I would think when they get thru doing the math and mad science the fig for Orb will be 9 to 11 pts lower then the Pletcherized Filly.. You think the Orb race is a 97 and 114 for the filly? No chance
It's already up Freddy. 114 for Dreaming of Julia and 97 for Orb. Cigar Street and Cio Bella each with 104.

It's possible that those figs might be a touch on the high side...but I was horrendously wrong about Orb.

If he ran a 97 today, he did it without much setup. His 97 last time out was with the setup of a lifetime and I think he was in light at 116lbs as well.

He got absolutely no such help today...and if you believe he repeated that figure, Orb really took a monster step up today imo.

The two speeds, Merit Man from post 9 (29/1 and should have been 290/1) and Narveaz from extreme outside post 10 (103/1 and should been 1,003/1) -- they hung around to finish 3rd and 4th. Had Shangei Bobby not been strangled into submission and so rank, those 3rd and 4th place finishers would have been toast.

The real disappointment was It'smyluckyday... that was as big a clunker as when he laid an egg at Delta Downs in the Delta Jackpot with no apparent excuse.

Still, even though Orb had no help at all today, his believers needed a faster time.

In 2008: Big Brown won the FLA Derby from the 12-hole in 1:48.16 -- She's All Eltish took the Oaks by 7 lengths one race earlier in 1:51.80

On that day, the Derby went 3.64 seconds faster, on this day, the Oaks went 1.90 seconds faster.

The real news this day was the Rachel Alexandra like performance of Dreaming of Julia at Pletcher's Playground. She had the speed of Dream Rush, and the staying power of A. P. Indy on this day.