View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 12:48 AM
Del Mar

As I said in the other thread, there has been somewhat of a history of rabbits in big races. So I don't think too much can be said about that.

But there is a difference between a rabbit and a horse who is supposed to in some way impede other horses. If you don't believe me, call the stewards at one of the big tracks and ask them if it is permissible for you to enter a rabbit in a race, along with your other horse. The chances are they will say yes. Call the stewards another time and tell them you are planning on entering a horse in a race that you think has a good chance to win. But you want to also enter another horse whose job it will be to fan the competition wide and maybe even put one of the contenders in a tight spot, if possible (to help your other horse). I guarantee they will tell you that that would be totally illegal and that you could be in big trouble for doing that. If you didn't ask them first but did that and then admitted to it after the race, you would probably be in for a big fine and suspension.

There is no proof that Baffert told Geroux to try to fan some of the competition wide or put someone in tight to help Justify. We have no evidence that any such conversation took place. So I'm not claiming that anyone should be in trouble. There has to be some proof. As of right now, there is no proof. People can only speculate what might have been said. But it certainly looked a little bit fishy, to say the least.