View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Saratoga

Well this sucks...

The final Happy Valley race day abandoned.

Stay safe, good horsies.

Bulletin issued at 12:03 HKT 25/Jun/2008
AT NOON AT THE HONG KONG OBSERVATORY THE AIR TEMPERATURE WAS
25 DEGREES CELSIUS AND THE RELATIVE HUMIDITY 92 PER CENT.
DURING THE PAST HOUR THE MEAN UV INDEX RECORDED AT KING'S PARK
WAS 0.9. THE INTENSITY OF UV RADIATION WAS LOW.

PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT:

THE TROPICAL CYCLONE SIGNAL NO. 3 WAS ISSUED AT 11:15 A.M.
THE AMBER RAINSTORM WARNING SIGNAL HAS BEEN ISSUED.
THE LANDSLIP WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED.
THE SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF FLOODING IN NORTHERN NEW
TERRITORIES HAS BEEN ISSUED.

edit - HKJC...

Abandonment of Happy Valley Race Meeting - Wednesday, 25 June 2008

25 June 2008

The Stewards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club have decided to abandon the race meeting scheduled to be conducted at the Happy Valley Racecourse tonight, 25 June 2008.

An inspection of the Happy Valley racetrack was undertaken this morning at 8.00 am with a further inspection taking place at 10.00 am. These inspections showed there to be considerable surface water on the track following substantial overnight rain (123 mms) as a result of the influence of Tropical Cyclone Fengshen which is currently affecting The Hong Kong SAR. The condition of the track this morning was considered inferior to the condition of the surface on which racing commenced at Happy Valley last Wednesday, 18 June 2008.

Having considered the prevailing conditions and the forecast for the probability of continuing rain, possibly heavy at times, it was decided tonight¡¦s race meeting should be abandoned.

The Stewards of the Club will consider a possible alternative date for a replacement race meeting. An announcement will be made accordingly as soon as available.

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 06-25-2008 at 12:30 AM.