View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTERGEE View Post
longshot questions:
Gasparilla-Is Talent N Passion too cheap or is the jump in class doable.
Carolinaonmymind-returns to dirt where she won easliy first out
can either of these compete with the more obvious-Vitameta

Purple Egg a chalky choice in the Pasco

?? mark horse is--Divine Ambition-wins by 8 on the imitation stuff at TP--does that effort translate here??
Talent N Passion - Should be a pace factor with a clean break, but the sustained pressure going 7f will probably be too much. Vertical players shouldn't hestitate to put this one underneath.
Carolinaonmymind - KOC is sneaky with these, but I prefer Cotton Pickin of the turf to dirters. She should be running late if the race falls apart.
Vitameta - will be the deserved chalk, she chased a rapid pace and got a bit of a squeeze to the rail in the stretch of the Sanpiper, but gamely ran on finishing the best. The added furlong shouldn't phase this one. Having the best race over the Tampa strip on her resume is a plus.

Purple Egg - Forget the fever issue. He ripped off his fastest work of the meet the morning after his GP scratch. This is Tampa, so I won't go so far as to call him a lock, but he is as close as you can get to one. Vertical players should get Mind Spell on their tickets.

Divine Ambition - I can see him hitting the board or finishing last. I'm counting on the latter being more likely. Too much to overcome, layoff, surface change and a hotter pace.