Thread: 2018 US Open
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Rosey won the U.S. Open @ Merion with a score of +1. Was something wrong with THAT course (other than the logistics) ?? The answer is a big, fat NO. It’s the U.S. Open ffs. Instead of being the board contrarian, why don’t you actually WATCH most of the tournament first before another long-winded post as to why it’s not fair/too tough.
I was simply saying that I want to see a really tough, but fair course in the US Open. And in general I think that would translate to a winning score of somewhere around 5 under par total (give or take a couple of shots either way) for the tournament. That is hardly some big contrarian viewpoint.

There are obviously factors that could affect scoring. As JMS said, if the wind kicks up, that can make a huge difference. If it was really windy on a US Open course, then there is a good chance that nobody would break par for the tournament. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

By the way, there have been plenty of players over the years who have complained when the courses are set up unfair. You may think that is just sour grapes when guys complain. But often times their complaints have merit.