View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I think the only argument against the DQ is if you firmly believe Bolt D'Oro fouled McKinzie as they were coming into the stretch. The late foul was clear.
Agreed.

I’d hate to try to hop into the minds of the stews even for a second bc I’m not even sure that THEY know what they’re doing half the time (in mostly all jurisdictions coast to coast), but they most likely viewed the earlier infraction as very minor and had an entire stretch run to let it play out on even terms. And as you said, the late foul was clear, which had a more direct effect on the placings.

Great race though, and sets up a highly anticipated SA Derby.

Kanthaka broke like poop, but ranged up nicely on the backstretch and into the turn before leveling out. I was hoping that he found more in the stretch, as he looked strong powering home last time out.

I, as recently as the past week or so, was underwhelmed with this group of 3 year olds, but that’s certainly changed. Caught the Derby Fever and looking to make a sizable wager on Pool 3 Future tomorrow. Things are shaping up nicely, if you ask me, which you didn’t.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel