Thread: Bombaguia
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Just watched the replay and I agree. That was a nice run he put in. I'll be watching where he shows up next.
I originally put this horse on the watch list after his race at Aqueduct December 18th. That day, I thought he was forced to work to hard on the lead due to long shot King Aragorn, who decided to rush up from last on the outside at about the quarter pole to needlessly (my word) put extra pressure on him. He tired fairly late stretch.

When he showed back up yesterday on the turf, I didn't think it would be a problem, as Borrego's have been successful so far on the grass, and front runners have done quite well at GP. So the decision to sit at the back of the pack was curious, and as I wrote to begin this thread he was very wide the entire trip.

His thorograph pattern is actually quite strong, and I believe he moved forward again yesterday, paired up his number at worst. It was only his 4th career start, so while he may end up being a slug, he certainly hasn't proven it yet, at least not to me.