View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 12:13 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I also don’t know that it’s really going far out on a limb to suggest that a 3yo who didn’t run as a 2yo and didn’t debut until 3/5….could have issues that cause a premature retirement. Maybe the thinking that tomorrow may not come leads to getting what you can today.
Well, I wasn't trying to go out on a limb; I actually had a litany of names to throw out there to prove the likelihood of the prediction (Charlatan, Justify, Paynter, Bodemeister, Cezanne, Uncle Chuck, etc.)

The question becomes: Why does Taiba have issues? Is it inherent weakness or bad training or a combination thereof?

Taiba was training forwardly between April and June of last year until he was not.

Instead of being thrilled by his likely "flash-in-the-pan" career, the reality is most likely that we missed out on seeing this colt in perhaps a very successful traditional West Coast 2yo campaign (Best Pal, DM Futurity, Norfolk, etc).

Mulitply that by however many other "prospects" also fell by the wayside (and will or will not ever make it back) and we get what we got: Perhaps the worst BC Juvenile of all time.

And now perhaps one of the worst Kentucky Derbies of all time.

Unless Tiz the Bomb wins it and goes on to Epsom Derby glory.